“ICD-10-CM 2019 is here. There are 279 new codes, 143 revised codes and 51 deactivated codes. Medicare will now require your billing to provide more specific diagnosis codes than they have in the past year. Does your provider’s documentation support using more specific codes? Using “unspecified” diagnoses may trigger payment denials or audits.”
- How the MIPS/QPP programs will effect your future Medicare payments. Are you reporting correctly to avoid up to 4% reduction in Medicare payments?
- How should you code consultations & procedures on the same day.
- How to report visits where we review biopsy or test results with patients.
- Meaningful Use, PQRS and HIPAA Risk analysis are all rolled into the QPP but aren't going away. Know how to report them under the new system.
Coding, Reimbursement & Compliance Issues
- What's included in Critical Care. . . and more importantly what's not included.
- Physician supervison requirements and incident - to guidelines for Advanced Practice Providers (formerly referred to as NPPs).
- We'll review how ICD-10-CM is impacting Pulmonary/Critical Care/Sleep payments
- We'll discuss how your NPI Number & Taxonomy codes may impact reimburse- ment.
- Beware of Templates and EMRs that encourage your practice to improperly code higher visit levels.
- The OIG Work Plan continues to target Pulmonary services such as Home Sleep Studies and Polysomnography. Is your documentation ready for this scrutiny?
- Proper use of shared visits with Advanced Practice Providers. Are you billing these correctly?
- "Minor errors" can result in an $80,000 Overpayment Demand - Learn How to Stop It!
- Top Notch Billing Practices to improve Point of Service collections.
- Mastering CPT and HCPCS modifiers are essential for proper reimbursement.
- What's happening with the Medicare "X" modifiers?.
Coding Techniques That Work!
- Overcome challenges in billing "Full" PFTs, Six Minute walks and X-rays.
- Clean claims...the Key to getting paid on the first try. Handling claims more than once costs the practice thousands of $$$ in lost revenue and time.
- Learn techniques to "paint" an accurate picture of medical necessity. * Medicare proposes to completely revise the documentation guidelines for 2019. What will be the impact on your practice?
- Pitfalls to avoid in coding Sleep Studies... the Do's and Don'ts. We have answers!
- Documentation tips for Procedures.... intubations, bronchoscopies, PICCs & Central lines, etc.
Advanced Coding Techniques For Pulmonary/Critical Care/Sleep
- Progress Notes must show indications for diagnostic studies and procedures ordered. Will your notes survive a RAC audit?
- Are your Coding Patterns drawing unwanted attention as an Outlier by the payers?
- The latest on billing for interventional Pulmonary procedures such as Right Heart Caths, "Super D" bronchs, thoracoscopies, etc.
- Getting paid for multiple bronchoscopies.
- Reimbursement tips on Nebulizer treatments and MDI demos on the same day of a visit.
- The opportunity of billing Smoking Cessation counseling.
- What are the latest Sleep Study guidelines?