On June 9, 2021, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) advised the public about its recent updates to the USCIS Policy Manual. With this new manual, the new Form I9 that was released on 01/31/2020 plus the COVID19 legislative update, a lot of employers are asking what’s next. Several of the prior updates have caused a lot of confusion on what form to use and how the changes impact employers. We also have additional options of going electronic with Form I9 and options to validate employees electronically. This webinar will review all of your electronic options when it comes to Form I9 and how your company can best become more electronic.
Review of temp relaxed requirements and how to stay compliant. This webinar will get you ready to know all the details of the new Form along with how to properly complete it.
- Understand electronic I9 requirements
- Understand proper processing of each section of the Form I9
- Current updates and when the new form should be used
- 2020 & 2021 temporary relaxed legislation and how to handle them
- Review of anti-discrimination laws and how employers can protect themselves
- Review all updates of the E-Verify system and why you should use it
- Understand recent legislation in regards to social security cards and what ones you can no longer accept for the I9 purposes.
- Understand the recent updates to the Form I9; as of 01/03/2020 and beyond
- Understanding the new I9 requirements for individuals working in the US on temporary work visas.
- Review section by section of the form
- Review what the requirements are to keep form I9 electronic
- How to avoid mistakes in the I9 process from document abuse to discrimination
- How to handle Audits in regards to the I9
- Review of April 2018 Everify system updates
- Status of expiration of form I9
- Review of taking SSN Cards and what you need to know
Who Should Attend?
- Business Owners
- VP of HR
- Office Managers
- HR Directors
- HR Managers
- Senior Managers
- Payroll Professionals
- Payroll Managers
- Accounting Managers & Professionals
- Compensation Managers & Professionals